The last few years has been a great year for webmasters, Drupal , Joomla and wordpress has come a long way and are now a very stable Opensource CMS that can be very handy and useful for developing stunning blogs and websites.
But when it comes to You making a website and deciding which to select for your website, It gets Difficult ! So the way out is Sit down a while, chill and write down your requirements, use the Pros and Cons below to analyse which is best for you for your requirement as all are great CMS softwares !
- Simple to use – No need for modifications
- Excellent for blogging or sharing thoughts in a sequential manner
- Even the most elderly of users can get the hang of it quickly
- Not developer friendly
- The community seems to like to complain
- Upgrades bring more bugs than fixes sometimes
- Extremely developer friendly. If I loved code more I would almost always pick this system.
- Strong community to help discern the dozens (hundreds) of functions and tags available.
- Can be used to create some really awesome websites that can outperform a majority of other sites out there.
- Not very designer and user-friendly. It’s hard for someone with little code knowledge to make the leaps required to do the very cool things that Drupal is becoming known for.
- Theming of Drupal has been a huge case of fail (until recently). Probably because it has been developers, not designers, that are making the themes.
- Getting a Drupal website published could cost you more time, and thus more money, than WordPress or Joomla
- Friendly for all types of users – Designers, Developers and Administrators
- Huge community is awesome for assisting with creation of websites
- Has been rapidly growing and improving itself for the past three years
- Still not user-friendly enough for everyone to understand
- Not quite as powerful as Drupal, and can be a bit confusing for some to jump into
- Recently rebuilt the entire system from ground-up, and so there are still many out there sticking to the old versions (1.0.x)
Let me know what you think about the article and your Views on the CMS : [ratings]