Complete PunBB Forum setup guide, modification, Run Guide
On the web you can find abundant number of Open source Forum scripts, many of the famous names are VBulletin, IPB, PhpBB,SMF etc, PunBB is a very speedy growing forum script that is a very outstanding scripting and excellent feature sets. This article would be covering every aspect of setting up and using a PunBB Forum.
- Firstly Download the PunBB forum script from: http://punbb.informer.com/downloads.php
- Upload the forum script zip file to the location where you would like to install the forum.
- Create a Database, Create a database user
- Run the install:
- Follow the steps and it’s very easy until it gives the finish button.
I have used almost more thank 20 forum scripts and was most impressed by V-Bulletin and Invision Power Board, Both are Paid Scripts now. So I stopped preferring them 😉 Now I am very much impressed with PunBB script, I have used the same for my OC Forum as well.
Front End Section
Excellent Mods and Extensions Administration
- Very Fast loading and Light weight
- Simple and efficient
- Feature rich
- Superb interfaces
- Mods and Extensions control panel
- Simple administration
- Slow version upgrades from PunBB
- Email and Forum Bridge not very advanced
All links and references you would need for PunBB ever
- Download: http://punbb.informer.com/downloads.php
- Demo website: http://orangecopper.com/blog/forum
- Wiki: http://punbb.informer.com/wiki/
- Support Forum: http://punbb.informer.com/forums
- Extensions or Mods: http://punbb.informer.com/extensions/
- Documentation: http://punbb.informer.com/wiki/start
- Themes/Styles : http://punbb.informer.com/forums/forum/69/punbb-13-additions/
Hope you enjoyed the article, share your views