If you want your authorship information to appear in search results for the content you create, you’ll need a Google Profile with a good, recognizable headshot as your profile photo. Then, verify authorship of your content by associating it with your profile using either of the methods below. Google doesn’t guarantee to show author information in Google Web Search or Google News results.
- Step 1: Add your name and email to your content (for sites having content by multiple authors)
- Step 2: Verify your verify authorship of a page using an email address
To verify authorship of a page using an email address, you need to do the following: Add your new email address to your Google profile
- Sign in to your Google profile.
- Click Edit profile.
- On the right-hand side, click the Contributor to box, and add all the sites you write for.
- Next, click the Work box.
- Click the New contact info box (the last in the list, and type the email you want to add.
- In the list to the left of the email address you just added, click Email.
- Click Save, and then click Done editing.
- On your profile, click Verify next to the email address you just added.
- Google will send a verification mail to that email address. Once you receive it, open it and follow the instructions to verify your email address.