Jetpack wordpress plugin
We have good news! Automattic (the parent company of WordPress) just released this week a new plugin called Jetpack. This plugin is indeed literally a JetPack!
If you have ever created a blog at WordPress.com then you might already know that there are a number of great features that were only available to WordPress.com users. These features were then not available for self hosted WordPress blogs. With the release of this plugin by Automattic, all those features will be available for your hosted blog as well.
What’s so special?
Jetpack supercharges your self?hosted WordPress site with the awesome cloud power of WordPress.com. Yes, By cloud power they meant – all the added features are on the cloud and would not be using the your hosting bandwidth at all. That means no extra server load!
What are these superfluous features?
- WordPress.com Stats: Simple, concise site stats with no additional load on your server.
- Twitter widget: Display the latest updates from a Twitter user inside your theme’s widgets.
- 3Gravatar Hovercards: Show a pop-up business card of your users’ Gravatar profiles in comments.
- WP.me Shortlinks: Enable WP.me-powered short links for all of your Posts and Pages for easier sharing.
- Sharedaddy: The most super duper sharing tool on the interwebs. Share content with Facebook, Twitter, and many more.
- LaTeX: Mark up your posts with the LaTeX markup language, perfect for complex mathematical equations and other über-geekery.
- After the Deadline: After the Deadline helps you write better by adding spell, style, and grammar checking to WordPress.
- Shortcode Embeds: Easily embed videos and more from sites like YouTube, Vimeo, and SlideShare.
The best feature of Jetpack wordpress plugin that caught me and shook me is the cloud feature saving us all the bandwidth. There should be more features in the pipeline, lets wait and see. Thank you again Matt and WordPress team!