Tools I Use
Resources that could be useful for your work
I have used hundreds of tools and programs on the web in the past 5 – 6 years when I started to do some serious work on the internet and today I have identified my personal favorites that really work the best in their own category. I thought I could share that to my readers as it could cut down their research time and concentrate on building great content and a better blog or website.
I would continue to update this page as and when I find real impressive and highly useful tools or programs that could be useful for you as well. I recommend bookmarking this page for your future reference.
PS: I have used these programs and love them only because they help me a lot in my day to day internet activities and you could help you as well.
- WordPress: By far the best blogging platform ever created, the best part – Its free and open source.
- WordPress Plugins: WordPress has this unique capability of improving its functionality and features with free plugins, you could find the plugin directory here
- Also you could read my list of best free wordpress plugins of 2011
Website and Blog Hosting
- Inmotion Hosting: They are hands down my favorite web hosting company. Most of my websites are hosted with them and the best part is they provide great support. This BLOG is Hosted on Inmotion Hosting and am Loving their service!
- Hostgator wordpress hosting: If you are looking specifically for wordpress blog hosting, I would suggest using Hostgator WP hosting as they allow unlimited hosting and one click wordpress install.
WordPress Themes and Templates
Once you have your blog setup, your next worry would be on selecting and setting up a good theme for your blog. If you have few extra bucks I suggest you to go for Elegant themes that offer 75+ premium themes for 39 USD with unlimited downloads and full support. My blog uses Elegant themes and am really happy with their service. You could check out my review on best premium themes here
Best Affiliate Networks to sign up with
You could read my review of the best affiliate networks to sign up with for earning an affiliate income. The review has covered the features and names of the best affiliate network programs like commission junction, e-junkie, click bank etc.
Product Distribution system
- E-Junkie: This is the best affiliate system to sell your own products on the web. They have a very modest price of 5 USD per month for listing your product in their system.
- Market Samurai: The best tool for keyword market research, I can shout that loud, you could check out the free trial here, I personally think you should try it out for free.
- Google Adwords Tool: A tool that is part of the Google adwords system, but could be used to find out which keywords are in demand on the Internet.
- SEO Keyword Ranking: A simple but excellent free tool to find out the improvement of the keywords you are optimizing over time.
Direct monetizing systems
- Google AdSense: Apply for a free Google AdSense account and place the code on your blog to earn from clicks. This is the best CPC program ever I have used.
- BuySellAds: An excellent system to sell the banner ads on your website directly and earn a stable monthly income. This is one of my easy earning sources.
Email Subscriptions & Marketing
- Aweber: The internet’s most powerful email opt-in service and email marketing/broadcasting tool. This is what I use to build my email list.
- Google Analytics: Google’s free website tracking and analytical tool. A must have for anyone with any type of website.
- Your website control panel stats system should also be checked out.
- Elance: Excellent and trustworthy system to outsource your freelance works.
- Odesk: A great resource similar to Elance to outsource your IT related task.
- Fiverr: A simple but effective portal to outsource your petty works and all the work are priced at 5 USD
I only recommend the products I personally use and I feel is the best in the Market.