Best Link Building strategies for Bloggers
Writing great content and waiting for search engines to find you is not the smartest strategy for a blogger to adopt! We should never ignore the onpage and offpage SEO efforts and it’s importance. Link building is an important activity to promote your blog and it’s content.
Today’s search engine algorithms are smart enough to find your blog and content even without link building but all it does is to find and index your content on their database. We have to remember that it’s not only you and me who writes content foe their blogs. There are millions of blogs in the internet and it matters to appear on top of the search engine results page to convert this indexed link into traffic.
Various link building strategies you can use are:
- Link building through guest posts
- Using your links and anchor texts on forum signatures
- Blog commenting with hyperlinks
- Directory and article submissions
- Direct link exchanges with other niche webmasters
- Interlinking between your own websites
- Paid link backs from other websites etc.
Out of the above methods, all are good and acts as catalysts to improve your website reputation in the good books of search engines. The most recommended and targeted method would be to write guest posts and article submission with keyword rich anchor text to your blog.
Make sure that the link backs does not appear to be mechanical and try to add the natural element to your link building activities. The best practices to avoid your link building to look natural are:
- Avoid building too many link backs at once
- Build links gradually and organized in approach
- Shuffle the keywords and anchor texts in your back links
- Link back from high quality websites with high PR
- Use related niche websites to link back to your website.
Take home: link building should be part of your regular activities and not once in a while bombardment of back-linking. As we always say – keep it slow and steady!