On the web you can find abundant number of Open source Forum scripts, many of the famous names are VBulletin, IPB, PhpBB,SMF etc, PunBB is a very speedy growing forum script that is a very outstanding scripting and excellent feature sets. This article would be covering every aspect of setting up and using a PunBB Forum.
- Firstly Download the PunBB forum script from: http://punbb.informer.com/downloads.php
- Upload the forum script zip file to the location where you would like to install the forum.
- Create a Database, Create a database user
- Run the install:
- Follow the steps and it’s very easy until it gives the finish button.
I have used almost more thank 20 forum scripts and was most impressed by V-Bulletin and Invision Power Board, Both are Paid Scripts now. So I stopped preferring them 😉 Now I am very much impressed with PunBB script, I have used the same for my OC Forum as well.
Front End Section
Excellent Mods and Extensions Administration
- Very Fast loading and Light weight
- Simple and efficient
- Feature rich
- Superb interfaces
- Mods and Extensions control panel
- Simple administration
- Slow version upgrades from PunBB
- Email and Forum Bridge not very advanced
All links and references you would need for PunBB ever
- Download: http://punbb.informer.com/downloads.php
- Demo website: http://www.orangecopper.com/forum
- Wiki: http://punbb.informer.com/wiki/
- Support Forum: http://punbb.informer.com/forums
- Extensions or Mods: http://punbb.informer.com/extensions/
- Documentation: http://punbb.informer.com/wiki/start
- Themes/Styles : http://punbb.informer.com/forums/forum/69/punbb-13-additions/
Hope you enjoyed the article, share your views