– Cuil (pronounced /ˈkuːl/ “cool” according to the creators) was a search engine
– 120 billion web pages were indexed by Cuil
– Cuil was developed by ex – googlers Anna Patterson and Russell Power. The CEO and co-founder, Tom Costello, has worked for IBM and others.
– The company had raised $33 million from venture capital firms including Greylock
– It went live on July 28, 2008 and officially taken down on Sep 17 2010.
Google was supposed to be a Google – Killer but had to resign from the task early !