DMCA Takedown Notice Letter sample or example
If you want to know more about DMCA and DMCA Take down notice, you could read my article on Webmaster’s guide to DMCA Takedown Notice. A DMCA takedown notice is usually sent to web hosting company (ISP) hosting the infringing content publishing website. Below are the important points to include in a Takedown notice:
- Notice as per the 17 USC 512(c)(3)(A) of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”)
- Subject that clearly speaks about the Copyright Infringement.
- Original copyrighted content destination URL or link.
- Infringing material location or website with all details.
- Your contact information and details.
- Your digital signature or if required a signature in writing (scanned or snail mailed)
- Mention that you are writing in good faith belief that you have not authorized the usage.
Sample DMCA Takedown Notice Letter
Subject: Formal Notice of Copyright Infringement.
To whomsoever concerned,
As per the 17 USC 512(c)(3)(A) of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”), This communication serves as a DMCA takedown notice.
This is to formally notify that I am the copyright owner of the content (specify text or image) at the location originally created by me: (specify the location of the original content)
I am requesting the removal of the infringements observed at the website (Specify the location of the copied duplicate content).
I hereby request you to immediately issue a content removal message or take action to remove the allegedly infringed content at the above specified location.
I have good faith that the use of the copyrighted material notified here as allegedly infringing is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law. Kindly send me a response to this request and the action take at the earliest.
(Include your contact information and signature here)
Hope this information was useful to you. You may edit the template as per your requirement and sent the most appropriate DMCA takedown notice. Let me know your thoughts about the DMCA Takedown Notice Letter sample or example