How to Create a Vanity URL for Facebook Page
- Log on to Facebook.com
- Click on Account Settings Tab
- Navigate to “Username” and check for the availability.
- Save your new username and you are done.
Once you have saved your new username, say for example: “orangecopper” Now, a vanity URL is automatically created in the following format: Facebook.com/orangecopper
The vanity URL could be used on your visiting cards, websites and links directing your contacts to even your Facebook page. The usage of vanity URLs can be a great way to brand your Facebook page and account.
Please note that there are 2 conditions that you should be aware of:
- A username can be changed only once for an account.
- You would have to verify your phone number before you change your username.
- A Facebook page requires a minimum of 25 likes before a vanity URL is created.
Hope this tutorial has helped you understand what a “vanity URL” is and how to get one for yourself. Let me know your comments on the article – How to create a Vanity URL for Facebook page