What is Content Locking and How to enable it?
Content Locking is an amazing method to treat your regular and privileged blog visitors with exclusive content. Its the method of locking a particular section of your blog or webpage to limit viewing to only people who have the global password to access the content. Content locking is an amazing method to make your loyal visitors feel special and also this encourages your visitors to stick to your website or blog. You could opt to send the “special unlock code” to your email subscribers or RSS feed users for them to unlock and view the content.
How to Enable Content Locking?
If you have a WordPress self hosted blog, Content locking can be enabled within seconds with the help of a simple plugin called Exclusive content password protect that can be downloaded and installed for free from the Wordpress plugin database. Below are the installation instruction for enabling content locking on your blog:
- Unzip the downloaded package and upload the ‘exclusive-content-password-protect’ folder into the ‘wp-content/plugins’ directory via FTP
- Login into your WordPress Admin Panel
- Activate the plugin ‘Exclusive Content Password Protect’ through the Plugins menu in WordPress
- Go to your post/page and put [password-protect][/password-protect] short code to protect certain section of your content. Note: You must enclosed your content like this [password-protect]your content here[/password-protect]
- You can customize the global password and interface by logging in your WordPress Admin and clicking the ‘Content Protect’ in your admin sidebar.