How to get Google Sitelinks
Today I want to answer a long looping question on how to get Google Sitelinks. Sitelinks are website navigation links that are added as part of search results in Google. I did not yet write an article on this unless I could show my very own website as an example; today I have my Sitelinks to show you guys. Am sure it would add credibility to my words when I say “How I did it” rather than saying “How to do it”
Before we start, let me make it clear which kind of websites have LEAST chances of getting Sitelinks on Google Search:
- Relatively newer websites less than an year old
- Websites those do not have more than average traffic
- Websites without a sitemap
- Websites without a good navigation structure
I have been chipping in some quality effort and hard work on my website for only the past 1.5 to 2 years and am sure that’s why my Sitelinks arrived so late considering my website age of 6 years.
Factors that will contribute to achieving Google Sitelinks are:
- Make sure you have Easily spider’able, structured navigation
- Fairly high natural search traffic from organic search
- No broken links and 404 Errors
- Inbound links from quality websites
- Site age is at least over 1 – 2 years
- Create an XML sitemap for your website and submit it through Google webmaster tools and verify.
- Improve your website with quality content and improve good quality organic traffic
- Keep a tab on the “Sitelinks” menu on the Google webmaster dashboard since this is where Google shows you the first sign of having a sitemap.
My Advice on How to get Google Sitelinks: Having Sitelinks on Google search is a privilege according to me, since each time I find a website with Google Sitelinks in search, I get a feeling that it’s an authority website. My personal advice would be write good content, have a neat structure and navigation, monitor your website on Google webmaster tools, have a good updating frequency, make sure your pages are crawled, improve user experience and build targeted niche traffic and eventually you will have your Sitelinks.
Do let me know if you have any questions and I will try to answer them to the best of my knowledge.
More about what are Google Sitelinks:
In 2005 Google started experimenting with an enhanced listing in their natural search results that can increase a site’s visibility and reputation, and provide more traffic. For a long time we didn’t know what to call these deluxe listings, but now we do. On September 7, 2006, Google’s sitemap guru, Vanessa Fox, wrote a blog entry titled Information about Sitelinks. She explained that Sitelinks are generated automatically, and that Sitelinks are designed to provide searchers with more valuable search results. Fox also said that Google will be expanding the Sitelinks program.
Hope this article on how to get google sitelinks was helpful.