How to improve your newsletter Open rate
The best marketing method in blogging that I have ever tried is growing a subscribing list. If your blog has great content visitors would love to visit it again, but not always people have time to memorize your blog URL or name and visit back, hence it’s our responsibility to remind them to visit back when you post great content.
You could refer to my earlier article on how to improve your subscription rate. Further there are many methods to improve your subscription rate that you could adopt. That was the first half, now the second part – you have a great subscription rate and the list is growing & you are sending regular emails. But what if the number of users opening the emails you are sending as per your expectation? That would be useless right? Today we would discuss on how to improve open rate of your email newsletters.
- Subject line should be catchy enough: We receive on an average 100s of emails and newsletters; No one would care to open your email if the subject line looks very irrelevant and non-catchy. So make sure your subject line should be catchy enough.
- Have the right timing: If you are planning for a weekend event, then it would be not as effective sending the newsletter on a Saturday or Sunday as sending it on Thursday or Friday.
- Make sure the images open fine: It’s important the newsletter should look just the same way you want it to reach the users, so do a testing before sending the newsletter.
- Analyze your list: Analyze your list members and their open rate / open history / click history before sending your newsletter to make sure it gets opened. Major email programs like mailchimp or awebber offers features to analyze your list history.
- Don’t look spammy: Make sure your email looks genuine and informative. Avoid using terms like “ CLICK HERE” or “ACT NOW” etc. be reasonable to your subscribers and give them quality content. Appreciate and reward their favor of subscribing.
Hope the tips would help you in having a healthy email campaign! Please let me know your tips / tricks as well to add to the list.