How to Integrate Newsletter subscription to your blog
Email marketing is certainly one of the best methods to ensure a consistent traffic to your websites as they are not search engine driven. With the best email marketing services available on the internet you could easily configure them for your blog or websites, free of cost.
How to choose an email marketing service provider
For a startup blogger, I would always recommend choosing Mailchimp for newsletter subscription and email marketing service. One of the major reasons to choose Mailchimp is that they offer their world class service, free of cost for the base slab.
As your blog traffic and subscribers improves considerably, you could either choose to move on to a paid plan or export your subscribers list to another premium service provider like Aweber.
Some of the key features that MailChimp offers are:
- Customize MailChimp with your own colors and logo, so it perfectly fits your brand.
- Great templates that could be used
- Smartphone applications that could be used
- Social network integration with newsletters
- Advanced stats on open rate and click through
- Testing and analytics on your newsletter performance
- Integration with Google Analytics
- Inbox inspector – Preview of how your email campaign would look at major email clients
- Auto responder system
- Paid newsletter set up options
- Multiple Language options
- Free of cost up to 12000 emails per month
- Free of cost to manage up to 2000 subscribers
- Track and control subscriber activities
- Above are the key features, you could read more about the features here
How to configure mailchimp for your website or Blog
- Sign up with mailchimp for a free account.
- Create a new mailing list.
- Embed the Signup code on your website.
- Start from zero members or import members from a list or simply copy paste.
- Create a campaign.
- Send emails to a list or schedule.
- Track your campaign performance using mailchimp reports.
In case you are using a WordPress blog, there is a WordPress plugin by mailchimp that will add the signup form on your blog on the sidebar or widgets.
You could refer the mailchimp resource for detailed and organized help on setting up your newsletter services here. Hope this article has helped you to identify and choose an email marketing service provider and be on top of newsletter and email marketing.