Should I quit my Job for blogging
An interesting question, I asked myself a number of times, and you might be asking yourself too! Now, I feel I can answer your question better as I have already quit my day job for blogging and Internet marketing. So Internet and my websites are my sole bread earners.
Few questions that could help you find your answers
- How old are you?
- What are your financial commitments for a month
- How consistently are you earning a good income online
- Is your Day job interfering your online ventures?
- Would you be able to sustain with your income from Internet alone?
- Do you have a bank backup as a disaster recovery if things go wrong?
Various factors that you should consider:
If you are able to answer the above questions, I am sure you would have got your answers! If all the answers seem positive, then go ahead take the leap. I know its not an easy decision.
Especially in my case, here are the answers:
• Am 26 years old
• I have minimal financial commitments for a month
• I have been earning 1500 USD consistently for more than 3 – 4 months
• Yes, my day job left me haft effective as a blogger.
• Yes, I am confident to sustain with my income online.
• I have a disaster recovery plan in place, in case my websites are hacked or business goes down.
So these are the reasons that helped me decide to quit my job for blogging. I used to earn a decent day job income of about 1000 USD every month, and that is enough for a good living. But the question that helped me take a decision is why would I waste my earning potential if I could earn and be my own boss.
Take home: Quitting your day job for blogging and internet business may look fancy. But its really not so always. You would have the initial thrill that you did it, but later if you feel you did not make the wise decision, its going to be a mess.
• Think many times
• Ask yourself all the questions
• Create a financial cushion
• Analyze your monthly internet income for few months
• Finally take the decision.
All the best, do let me know your thoughts and comments on Should I quit my Job for blogging.